Monday, January 12, 2009

Christmas Day!

I love Christmas Day with kids. I am always just as excited as they are. Matt and I both woke up a little before the boys did. And we actually had to wake up Porter. He was in a daze until Max dumped out his stocking and he spotted the "CANDY". That's all he asked Santa for. He perked right up after shoveling a few chocolates in his mouth :) Good thing his Dad is a Dentist; he loves candy!!Soon after his candy rush, Porter noticed the next present that Santa had put out for him; his new kitchen! Matt thought I was crazy for wanting Porter to get a little kitchen. But he loves to empty the kitchen cupboards and mix whatever he can. He loved his new kitchen. If you look closely, you can spot the chocolates in his mixing bowl. We actually don't have any other pictures of him opening presents because we couldn't get him to!! We tried to distract him from the kitchen. But, no luck! He was in heaven. Mixing and cooking away. Good pick Santa. The little kitchen keeps him occupied every day!
Max makes it very easy for Santa. He has a very detailed list of things he wants. And he doesn't sway much. And he usually doesn't keep adding to it. So he was very excited to see that Santa remembered everything on his list. And a few extra surprises. He is getting so big. It just amazes me how fast he is growing up and how old he acts. He is such a fun little boy :)


I did have a crafty moment this year. Yes, I actually made the boys superhero capes! I can't take all the credit. My fun friends, Cortnie and Carol helped me out. But I must say, they turned out pretty cute. The boys love them. It is so fun to watch their little imaginations. And I love that they love to play together. I think they will laugh one day when they look back at our home videos and see how cute they are playing Batman and Superman together.This picture sums up our fun Christmas morning! Chocolate around the mouth and big smiles!!


As soon as we could pull the boys away from their fun new toys, we headed over to Matt's parents house for Christmas breakfast. They do breakfast every year; and every year it is soo delicious. Suzie makes homemade cinnamon rolls and yummy frosting. It is so fun to get together and hear all the fun things that everyone got for Christmas.

We also had one of the biggest snow storms that I have ever been in. On our way home from his parents house, we had to rescue a lady and her daughter; twice! We got them unstuck the first time and then watched as they plowed right back into a huge drift of snow. The second time took a few other male helpers and a tow!

After a few hours of letting the storm slow down, we headed to my Dad's house for more food and more presents! We enjoyed another fun evening eating lots of yummy food and watching all the cute little kids opening their presents. I love Christmas time because we get to spend so much time with all of our family. We definitely missed all of our family that lives in CA and we can't wait to visit soon.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

The capes are the best. Hey will you tell Matt to email dave Joe Kims' contact info. scdentist@gmail.com
We found a house that I HSVE TO HAVE near Vancouver and we are wondering about Joe's need for an assosiate. So email ASAP. Someone might decide purple bathrooms are the next in thing.

Soggy in Seattle said...

The boys' capes are so cute! Christmas looks like it was a blast at your house! By the way, I love the wii fit, my thighs always burn after hoola hooping! I think you would really like it (although if you got any skinnier you might just wilt away)!

Nicki Crockett said...

I'm glad I'm not the only mom who has bought a kitchen for her boy. We got Preston one for his birthday when he was two or three. He loved eating lunch on the little side bar. Now his sister Paige is putting some mileage on it. You can never go wrong with a kitchen. Looks like you had a great Christmas. We stayed in the whole day and the kids played. Preston literally played with toys ALL DAY LONG. He didn't even stop for a movie and he loves the T.V.

The Birds said...

I know I tell you all the time, but you have the cutiest little boys. I am proud of you for getting the kitchen for Port. I can't wait to see him with it.

Mandy said...

Your boys are so cute! I'm glad they liked the capes! Christmas looked like it was great fun...as always!