We had been planning a camping trip with some of our friends in the neighborhood for months and were finally able to get it together the end of August. So in preparation, we set up our tent in the backyard to make sure we were ready to go. Of course the boys thought it was so awesome and that we had to sleep in it that night in our backyard. Here they are with their handy headlamps that they got for Christmas from Pops and Grandma Sue.
Notice the pile of animals in each one of their sleeping bags :) Silly boys can't go anywhere without their animals!
We decided to go to Potter's Pond in Fairview Canyon. About an 1 1/2 away. It always amazes me that we live so close to so many beautiful places. As we pulled into the campground, we realized that the camera was still at home. I was soooo bummed. But since we went to the same spot last year with our neighbors, I decided to post of few of the pictures from last year. It still looks the same :) It was absolutely beautiful.

I know this is from last year, but still the same activities.
The ponds were right next to our campsite. The boys love fishing. So we spent a lot of time there.
This is a picture of Max's first fish last year. He was so excited. So we thought this year would be the same. Well, when he reeled in his first fish this year, it was a different story. As Matt went to take the hook out he realized that the fist swallowed the hook. Max immediately wanted us to put the fish back so that it wouldn't die. When he saw that the fish was dead, he flipped out. He cried and cried and was so sad that we had killed the fish. So after some persuasion, he decided to keep fishing if we promised to keep the fish alive and put them back after we caught them :) We laughed and did our best to keep them all alive from that point on!! Our friends decided that he would probably be the president of PITA when he grows up. Our cute animal lover!!
I had to post these pictures of the boys from last year. I couldn't believe how different they both look. They are both soo grown up now. I have to admit that when I saw them, I started to cry :( You don't realize how much they change when you see them everyday! It is amazing what changes in a year. It made me so sad to think they are changing so much. But then so happy to see what fun boys I have to be around everyday. It also made me so excited to meet our new cute little boy. And to experience these fun years with our new one. I feel so blessed :)
I have to say that Porter is such a cute little guy!!! These pictures just sum him up. Always smiling and making us smile. We love our cute guys :)
We had a blast this year. It was so fun to spend time with our neighbors and just be able to hang out. The kids all had a great time exploring around the campsite and getting as dirty as possible. It was soo beautiful and nice to be out in nature. Thanks Doyles and Watsons. We have to make this an annual trip.
I have to say that Porter is such a cute little guy!!! These pictures just sum him up. Always smiling and making us smile. We love our cute guys :)

5 comments:
How fun. You're nicer than me. I don't camp:)
Michele I love the pictures. Love that they like their head lights. Thanks for sharing.
Nice work Michelle. Sorry we couldn't be there this year; we won't miss again. Porter looks TINY in those photo's! -Bryan
That is so fun! It looks beautiful up there! It makes me want to go camping! Love and miss you guys!
What a beautiful spot Michelle, we love Fairview!! So pretty!!! It was SO fun to see you the other day. Let's do it again soon :)
Post a Comment