Wednesday, December 23, 2009

2 week check-up

Last Thursday was Tate's 2 week check up. When the nurse weighed him, she asked me to take him off the scale for a second while she rebalanced it. When I put him back on, she just started to laugh because it was reading correctly. His weight was 8 lbs. 9 oz. 10 days earlier is was 7 lbs. 3 oz. Which means he is gaining about 2 oz. a day!! Little chunker! The doctor asked me if I was feeding him straight cream :) No, but he would eat all day if I let him! Needless to say he is healthy and growing quickly. He is definitely not a newborn anymore! It is so fun to have a little one in our house again. I just wish he would sleep a little more. You definitely forget how sleep deprived you are!

I had to show a few pictures without clothes to really see how big he has gotten! This picture is from 12/23. Almost 3 weeks old and growing sooo fast.Tate loves Max and Porter. As soon as he hears their voice, he turns right towards them and just stares at them. I know they say that newborns don't smile, but I think he cracks a smile when he hears his brothers. I just keep hoping that he is the sweet, calm one. Tate does mean "cheerful".
We have pictures of all three of our boys asleep on Matt like this. I think it is so sweet! They are just so relaxed and peaceful.
Little Porter has become a big boy all of a sudden. I first noticed it when I came home from the hospital with Tate. Porter looked soo big. His hands and body looked so huge! Not only does he look bigger, but he acts bigger too. He is Mr. Independent. And if you step on his toes, a tantrum follows. He knows exactly what he wants, and you can't tell him any different. But then the cute, sweet Porter comes back and he just wants to "Hold you". He loves little Tate too. He asks, "Can I hold her."
Max has been the best helper. He loves to hold Tate for me. And he does it soo softly and sweetly. Max would hold Tate all day if he didn't get fussy or wiggly!
From day one, Tate has wanted to lift his head up. It amazes us that he is so strong. You can lay him on his stomach and he will pop his little head up off the floor. He loves to be held sitting up so that he can look around and watch what is going on.

We think that Tate looks a lot like Matt did when he was a baby. There is a picture of Matt that looks a lot like this picture of Tate. It shows how big their hands are. And Matt's hand are still big!

6 comments:

Soggy in Seattle said...

Wow, he does look like his daddy! I'm glad he's such a good eater, I love chunky babies (my girls have both been porkers)! I hope you start getting some sleep soon, sleep deprivation does crazy thing to you! I hope you enjoy Christmas with your new little bundle of sweetness!

The Birds said...

WOW, he is getting so big. Maybe with a little more weight he will start sleeping for you. What a doll! All your boys are so stinkin' CUTE!! Have a great Christmas will talk to you soon.

Cort

Mikesell Family said...

Those are such cute pictures! I can't believe how fast he is growing, although I have to say he is still tiny to me when I held him last night. PS you look great! No one would ever guess you have a newborn!

Mary said...

Look at those cheeks! It's a good thing babies are so cute, because the sleep-deprivation is so hard.

Al and Suzie McInnes said...

I love the pictures. He is so darn cute and so are Porter and Buzz.

merathon said...

what a blessing to have a baby that grows so well! at my babies' doctor appts we always had to reweigh them cuz the nurses didn't believe that they could have only gained so LITTLE!

the boys are all SO cute and growing like weeds! still hoping you'll decide to move further east someday! :)