Thursday, April 15, 2010

Porter's 3rd Birthday!

Porter turned 3 on Tuesday the 13th. He has been excited for weeks in anticipation of his birthday. Especially since his older brother has been reminding him every day :) He even knew exactly what he wanted and couldn't wait to see if that's what he would get. He has almost become obsessed with the idea of this new toy. Every day for the last few weeks he wants to look at it on the computer and play the games on the website. So needless to say, he was pretty excited to see that he got his new "Wocket" as he calls it.

That afternoon, when Matt got home from work, we took the boys to see the movie "How to Train Your Dragon." Porter loves seeing movies because he can sit and eat popcorn the whole time. At first he was a little scared because the movie starts off a little dark and scary. But soon enough, he was loving it. It really turned out to be a cute movie. Matt and I even enjoyed it :) Porter really wanted cupcakes this year and he wanted to pick out the cake mix. He was so excited to have the cake with colors in it and sprinkles for the frosting, that he carried the cake box around with him the whole day!
For his birthday party, he wanted all of his "friends" to come over for cake and ice cream. His "friends" consist of all of his cousins and other family. And of course he had to have a pinata. It was a tough little pinata and didn't want to break. We finally had to let Cooper, the oldest, go to town on it. And then Matt even had to break it over his knee! But they still love scrambling to gather as much candy as they can.
Notice Gma Suzie in the background eating the candy too :) I wonder where he gets his love of candy from?
He loved opening his presents.
He had such a fun birthday and he had so much fun having his "friends" come over!
Just a few fun things that we love about Porter are:
-He can win over anybody's heart with his cute smile. I know everyone out there will agree with that! His sweet personality makes you want to just hug and squeeze him.

-He loves his family soo much. He is always talking about his grandparents, aunts and uncles, and cousins. He always wants them to be a part of what we do.

-We love how he still says "I want to hold you". It's too cute to correct him. I hope he says it forever :)

-We love how he says "I wuv you". Again, it's way to cute to correct! I'll take his "I wuv you's" anyday. He always has to give you a hug and kiss as you are leaving anywhere and especially at night before bed.

-He loves doing just about anything that his older brother is doing. And he is very frustrated if he can't or if Max won't let him. He loves to play video games with Max. Max gets a little frustrated and thinks he's not old enough. But to our amazement, he keeps up pretty good and before long will be some good competition. He also loves to ride his bike and scooter outside with his big brother. And lately, he loves to wrestle with his big brother. Those two are too funny together. Some days I wonder who will get hurt and come crying first! But I guess that's what being brothers entails :)

-He is growing so fast. So far, I think he is going to be bigger than Max. He is just a solid kid and keeps growing out of all of his clothes. He loves to eat and will eat just about anything you give him. Especially if it's any type of candy. He loves candy!

-He is always complimentary of anything I am wearing or doing. "I love your necklace mom. It's soo beautiful." Or, "I love your shirt. It's soo beautiful." (As he is loving the sparkles or embellishments on it!) He thinks everything is "beautiful" and is so interested in all the girly things I do. I love it since we have a house full of boys.
We love Porter soo much! He brings a smile to our face and keeps us entertained all day with the cute things he says. It's so fun to see him grow up.

4 comments:

Mary said...

I agree, he IS such a cutie. That smile!

The Birds said...

Happy Birthday Porter! I love how sweet they are at three and are so excited about a cake mix. What a doll!

Al and Suzie McInnes said...

Michele great pictures and I agree Porter is one sweet little boy with a winning smile. Yes, I enjoyed the candy too.

The Hulls said...

Oh man I just love Porter!!! He really is so stinkin' cute! I'm glad he had a happy birthday and I'm sorry again that we forgot to call! Love and miss you guys!!