Friday, December 21, 2007

Our Visit to Santa!




On Saturday I took the boys to see Santa. Max was so excited! He kept asking me "Where are the reindeer mom?" He just couldn't understand why we couldn't see them, so I finally had to tell him that the elves were feeding them lunch :). Porter was hilarious. Most kids at 8 months scream when they sit on Santa's lap. Not our little happy boy. I sat him on Santa's lap, he looked up at him and then nuzzeled into his furry coat. He had the biggest smile on his face. And he kept giggling when Santa's beard would touch him. It was too cute!



When Max told Santa his detailed list of toys, Santa kind of laughed and said "My, you definitely know what you want." His list is detailed down to the exact color and description of each toy! Good thing we sent Santa a list to the North Pole or he would have never been able to get it right.



So Santa gave each of the boys these huge candy canes. Porter immediately grabbed a hold of his and stuck it in his mouth. I thought it would be okay for a few minutes, since it wasn't open yet. He was so happy that and content. So I sanpped a few pictures and even walked around the store for a minute. Well, he was so happy because he had knawed through the plastic wrap and was having his first taste of sugar. I thought I better get it away from him before he got a chunk off. As I tried to pull it away he grabbed on so tight and screamed like I was torturing him. Everyone in the store turned to look to see what I had just done to this screaming kid. He wouldn't stop screaming until I let go of the candy!! So I had no choice but to let him have it until I could leave the store.



If you can tell, his eyes are watering from crying so hard and there is candycane all over his face, and down his neck and arms. And he still has a death grip on the candycane. When I finally did get it away from him, he screamed the whole way home. :(

4 comments:

Chelsa said...

Hey Michelle, Your boys are so cute! Congrats on the addition of baby Porter. I found your blog through Betsy's. It's so fun to see pictures of your family. Check us out at chelsaandbeau.blogspot.com. Merry Christmas! Love, Chelsa

Mikesell Family said...

So cute! I love that little Porter...he cracks me up. I love Buzzy too...hope he gets that green motorcycle with buttons that he tells me about:)

Cyndy Mikesell said...

Hello McInnes family,
Your boys are darling. So cute on Santa's lap. Thanks for the Christmas card. Very, very cute!! Still waiting for the babysitting call:) I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and may you have many New Year blessings!!

Candice and Steve said...

I cant beleiv how big your boys are getting. It makes me sad that I havent evern seen Porter yet. It has been to long, hopefully we can get together soon.