Monday, February 2, 2009

Draper Temple

Last week we went to the Draper, UT Temple Open House. I was so excited to take the boys. Both boys love seeing the temples that we live so close to. And Max always asks when he can go inside. So I was excited to finally tell him that he would be able to go inside.
Because so many people visit the open house, we had to be bused from a chapel a few miles away. Another exciting addition to our trip. The boys both thought riding on the bus was pretty cool. The inside of the temple was amazing, of course. Each time I visit a new temple I am truly amazed at the individual beauty of the different temples. The details in each room are so beautiful. The Ordinance rooms have beautiful murals of the Draper area and the Celestial room takes your breath away. The boys favorite part was the Baptismal Font. And Max also loved looking in the mirrors in the Sealing room. I was so glad that we were able to share this special experience with them.
We will also be able to visit another open house in June. The Oquirrh Mountain Temple is even closer to us! We can see it from our front yard. I'm so excited for the opening of this temple.

We couldn't get many outside shots of the temple because it was a chilly 20 degrees with a freezing cold wind. But from what we could see, it is amazing. It is so neat at night to look up towards Draper and see the temple shining in the hills. We are so lucky to have so many temples so close to us.

6 comments:

Mikesell Family said...

We went with our kids, and I was surprised how well they did. I was so impressed with how well the church organized the buses and schedules. It went really smooth, and we even got cookies at the end!

The Naylors said...

Oh I am looking forward to it, our tickets are for the first part of March. What an awesome opportunity we have to go to these and be so close!

Soggy in Seattle said...

Even though it's cold, UT is an amazing place. You're lucky to be close to so many temples, & I'm glad yor kids get to share in the experience too! What fun memories you're making together.

Brian & Kerrian said...

How awesome!!! I can't wait to go, we aren't going til March!!! Such a fun experience for our kids :) Hope your having a great week!!!

Cyndy Mikesell said...

We went too!! It as beautiful. We are so lucky o have the temple so close to us!!

Cyndy Mikesell said...

We went too!! It as beautiful. We are so lucky o have the temple so close to us!!