Friday, March 26, 2010

California

Two weekends ago I made a quick, whirlwind trip to California for my Grandpa's 80th Birthday. My uncle Brett, who lives in South Jordan, decided at the last minute to make the drive and surprise my Grandpa. So I decided to hitch a ride with him and his daughter, Abby. I left the two older boys with Matt (& some help from his sisters, Betsy and Janay) and took the baby with me. We left Thursday night and stopped half way in St. George at Bretts' in-laws condo. Then we made the rest of the drive Friday to get there just in time for the Surprise party. My grandpa was so surprised and so happy to see us. It made the long drive well worth it. It was so fun to see all of my family!! I have missed them so much. I was too excited to see everyone and I forgot to get my camera out and take pictures :) So this is the only one I got!!
We spent Saturday enjoying the absolutely beautiful weather and trying to visit as many family members as possible. That night I enjoyed some yummy Mexican food and spent time with my sister's family and my three brothers who live in San Diego.
I stayed at my Aunt Patrice's house for the quick trip. They always take such good care of me and I love visiting with them. We ended up staying up into the wee hours of the night visiting and laughing til our cheeks hurt. At 1:00 am, we decided it was time to call it a night. Alexis, my cousin, reminded us that it was actually 2:00 because of the time change, and we just laughed :). We had such a fun time. Sunday morning, we loaded up the car, made sure we had fresh citrus and avocados from the groves nearby, and drove all day long. Not only did we loose an hour from Day Light Savings, but we lost an hour due to the time change from CA to UT. By the time we got home that night, we were absolutely exhausted. But it was soooo worth it! Tate did awesome and I was so happy that my family in CA could meet him while he is in such a cute, fun stage. They couldn't get enough of him and made us promise to come back again soon! I hope too hope it's very very soon!!

Thanks Janay and Betsy for helping out with Max and Porter while Matt was at work. They had a blast!!!

1 comments:

Al and Suzie McInnes said...

Michele, I was so glad that you were able to make the trip and see your family. What a special surprise for your grandpa.