Monday, March 15, 2010

Crashed!!

I haven't updated our blog lately because I have been soo bummed! Our computer crashed a couple of weeks ago and we lost all of our pictures!!!! Pictures of the last 7 years of our life, gone in an instant. And you ask, why would you not have a back-up?? Well, we did. And for some reason it didn't save our pictures. The one thing that I want backed up more than anything, didn't!!! I really did cry :( We tried to take the hard drive to a computer company to see if they could retrieve any info, but no luck. They did refer us to a company in CA that you can send the hard drive to. If they can get any info, it can cost anywhere from $700 - $1500. Crazy!!! But unfortunately, our pictures are going to be worth it. So, cross your fingers and wish us luck that they can actually save the info!!
P.S. - The back-up did save folders off of the desktop that had random pictures. So, thankfully we have some pictures of our life :) But it's just not good enough! I want them all back :)

3 comments:

The Birds said...

So sorry! I would have cried too. I am going to get a bigger back-up this week. Thanks reminder!

Mary said...

How terrible! I would still be crying. I need to get more backup now. I hope hope that company can do something.

Annika said...

Michele, I am so sorry! That is awful. My Sister had the same thing happen, but they were able to retrieve them Thank Heavens! I hope you get them back!