On Monday afternoon, Porter had his last Dr. appt. They said that everything looked great and his leg healed very well. And........ it was finally time to take off his cast. YAAAAHHH!! While the nurse sawed off his cast, he was so sweet. He kind of giggled a little because it tickled him. He is holding his souvenir; the wood dowl that crossed between his legs. This is his new sword!
As she pulled off the cast, it was sooo stinky :( This last week has been miserable and stinky. But the nurse and the Dr. actually said that his was one of the better smelling casts. That was hard to believe. I couldn't believe all of the thick padding that was inside. Poor little guy must have been so hot!!
At first his hips hurt a little as I picked him up. But soon enough, he was happy and smiling like usual. They said that he may feel a little muscle pain and it may take a little while getting used to his legs being so close together.
He was very hesitant to put any weight on his leg and didn't really want to stand at first. But as the night went on he started to stand with our help. Matt said he looked like a newborn calf with his wiggly legs. He slowly started to walk a little with our help.
And he continues to progress each day. He still likes to hold onto something as he walks. But he scoots around pretty good. It is so fun to have a nice smelling, clean little boy back :) What a crazy experience for all of us. We are so lucky that he wasn't hurt worse and that he has healed so well and is going to be back to normal before we know it. Our Doctor has been amazing and has made me feel so comforted with the whole process. He said that he shouldn't have any growth problems or anything in the future. We are so happy to have made it through this.

5 comments:
That very 1st pic is the cutest smile I've ever seen. I love that little guy. I made Gentry come down to watch the video. I'm sure my kids will be watching it over and over.
What a sweet heart. Congrats on getting through what must have seemed like some very long weeks.
We are so happy for him. It is so weird to see him walk like a 12 month old. But he is doing to good. Now you need to bring the boys down to our house to play in the water.
Yeah for Porter. Poor guy looks like he's been riding a horse! So sad to see him trying so hard to walk again! PS...loved the tent in the bedroom.
I am so glad that he got it taken off! He is so cute! It was so fun to see you guys the other week, you have such a fun family & I was sad I didn't get to talk to you more.
Post a Comment